Data Processing Automation (DPA) is transforming office work across every industry. Adoption has been highest among financial institutions such as banks and accounting firms, but Law offices have been slower to embrace it. Despite general approval by legal industry thought leaders, many law offices have yet to invest in process automation. One reason maybe that it simply isn’t top of... Read More
Understanding the Modern Office
DatCom, LLC is your Texas leader for comprehensive managed IT services, that much is clear. You may not be aware, however, that our vast knowledge of information systems can be leveraged to help you build the office of your dreams. If you are searching for high-tech solutions for your most pressing business problems, look no further. We can design, implement, and support some of today’s most dynamic technologies.
The Design of the Modern Office
The makeup of today’s office is driven by innovation.
There are countless ways the modern office transcends the office of yesteryear, but the most obvious is probably the layout. Where not long ago cubicles were all the rage, now the open office setup is most popular, as business owners and executives look to cost effective strategies to stretch their budgets and stay flexible. The open office doesn’t offer much in the way of extra productivity, but because it is more affordable, many businesses will pack employees into 40-60 square feet and typically the more workers you have, the more productive your business will be.
When you look past the design and really look at the technology, the robust CRT monitors and large, noisy computer towers are gone. In their place are smaller flat screen monitors and small thin client boxes that run virtualized software off of a partitioned server. This shift in computing technology gets more in depth if you factor in cloud hosted solutions, where another business offers you some sort of computing solution. Whether it be software deployment, backup and recovery, network monitoring, or completely hosted computing infrastructure, computing services the cloud offers the scalability and value most organizations require.
Some of the other technologies that are changing the face of the modern office include:
- Voice over Internet Protocol - More functionality at a fraction of the cost of a traditional phone system.
- Conferencing Solutions - Interactive touch screen technology specifically designed for long-distance meeting and collaboration.
- Virtualization and Document Management - Get rid of your bulky file cabinets and store your company’s important client and vendor information in servers that can set up to be accessible anywhere.
- Business Continuity Technology - There was a time where a disaster like a fire or a flood would put a company’s future in peril. With complete offsite backups, the risk is gone.
- Wireless Systems - Fueling the paperless office, wireless technologies provide employees, vendors, and guests to securely use mobile and wireless technology to improve cooperation and collaboration.
- End-to-end Security - Enormous strides have been made in physical and network security. With office automated security controls, as well as automated monitoring solutions, your business can be more secure and efficient.
DatCom, LLC technology professionals can help you transform your business.
Many of the solutions you’ll find in the modern office aren’t the kind of off-the-shelf solutions that are effective out of the box. These solutions need to be configured and managed properly, and if they aren’t, you could just be adding another expensive technology problem. As a result, it becomes crucial for the health of your business to integrate your technology solutions properly.
At DatCom, LLC, our technicians are proficient in the clean and efficient installation of the latest IT solutions. Introducing new technology can often have negative effects that can really put a dent in the bottom line, but when our technicians implement a solution, we take your company’s workflow into account. By providing the technical expertise and a thorough understanding of the way the solutions are utilized, we can implement state-of-the-art technology solutions with limited downtime.
Technology Training and Support
With comprehensive support and training, you can get up to speed fast.
One of the key aspects of the modern office is the availability to support when you need it. Cooperation and collaboration don’t just happen, they are only possible through properly functioning technology that is being used by people who know how to use it. That’s why DatCom, LLC provides end-to-end support and training for every solution we install.
Your company of tomorrow can be much more efficient that your company today. If you would like more information about new technology solutions for the modern office, or simply would like to speak to one of our technology consultants about upgrading your existing technology, call us today at (903) 842-2220.