With more workers opting for mobile solutions than ever before, communications can be tricky to manage for a business. However, is your business’ infrastructure capable of adapting to these new developments in communication technology? You can bet that regardless of where the business takes you, certain applications and devices will always be useful throughout the workday.
An infographic by Newsweaver suggests that businesses rely on smartphones for many reasons. Here are just a few of them:
- One out of five employees for large organizations are equipped to work away from their desks.
- As of 2013, three out of five small businesses in the United States have a Bring Your Own Device policy in place.
- By 2020, four out of five small businesses will have a Bring Your Own Device policy in place.
- One out of five businesses have found that mobile workstyles have resulted in productivity increases of over 30%.
As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to provide the tools needed for your employees to be productive, whether it’s an application or a mobile device. After all, if you don’t provide your employees with the technology to be successful, they will find other ways to make productivity happen. This could mean them finding their own solutions, opening the floodgates to malware and other data disasters. Any devices used by your business should adhere to its BYOD policy and monitored to ensure they aren’t lost or stolen, along with the data on them.
To this end, we recommend you work with your employees to find the tools they need to be most productive in the workplace. Collect their feedback and apply the knowledge you gain to your business’s current technology situation. Here are some ideas for solutions to consider:
- Productivity suite software like Microsoft Office and Google’s G Suite
- Your email client
- Cloud storage
- Voice over Internet Protocol for telephony and communication
- Instant messaging
- Project management
- Collaboration suites
DatCom, LLC can help your business equip itself with all of the best technology solutions for mobile communications and productivity. For more information, reach out to us at (903) 842-2220.